The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office supports four TRIAD coalitions in the Southern Maine area:
Merry Meeting TRIAD
Cape Elizabeth - South Portland TRIAD
TRIAD is a partnership of police, fire, rescue departments, the Attorney General's office, senior services and seniors in the community to reduce criminal risks to the senior population.
What do TRIADS do?
- Educate: Provide information on criminal activity and prevention; provide social service resources.
- Assist: Recruit and train volunteers to assist local law enforcement agencies on crime prevention issues.
- Emphasize: Staff reassurance programs for older persons to reduce fear and provide moral support.
- Communicate: Provide a forum for law enforcement and the community to share needs, concerns and develop solutions.
- Involve: Unite seniors, senior service agencies, law enforcement, fire and rescue to identify problem areas for seniors in the local community and develop and implement community wide solutions.