Incident Date: 12/16/18
Incident Time: 12:27
Incident Location: Windham/ Raymond Line
Release Date: 12/16/16
Release Time: 4:00 PM
On 12/16/18 Deputies from the Sheriff’s Office Deputy were looking for, 29 Year Old Dale H. Tucker from 333 Tenney Hill Road Casco due to his involvement in a domestic situation which happened earlier in Casco. Tucker made threats of going to a residence in Windham and causing harm.
Deputy’s spotted Tucker at the intersection of Roosevelt Trail and Route 35 in Windham and was pulled over by Deputy Dyer, upon approaching and being told to pull into a parking lot Tucker takes off instead. Deputy Dyer pursues Tucker, who is driving recklessly, at which point Deputy Dyar discontinues the chase, but Tucker continued driving away at a high rate of speed.
At the same time of the chase, two other Cumberland County deputies were placing a pursuit termination device (spike mat) on Route 302 at the Raymond/Windham line, as Tucker approached he tried to avoid the mat, served into the oncoming lane and crashed into a car and truck who were in the opposite lane.
- 2007 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Tucker, taken to MMC.
- 2000 Buick Park Avenue, driven by 82 year old Barbara Young of Gray. Also in vehicle were, Elmer Young, 91 years old and Douglas Young, 60 years old. ALL were taken to MMC with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- 2018 Chevy Z71 Pickup, driven by 28 year old, Tyler Bisson of Raymond
Dale Tucker was arrested and taken to Maine Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Tucker has been charged with:
- Aggravated Driving to Endanger,
- Aggravated Eluding a Law Enforcement Officer,
- Criminal Speed,
- Failure to Maintain Control of Vehicle,
- and several M/V traffic infractions.
Tucker is currently still in custody at Maine Medical, once released he will be taken to CCJ, pending arraignment.
There is NO current booking photo of Tucker available.
Windham Fire/Rescue responded to the scene, along with Windham Police. The criminal investigation remains ongoing from the Sheriff’s Office and additional charges could be forthcoming. Windham Police will be conduction the Accident Reconstruction.
Press Release prepared by:
Captain Don Goulet
Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office
207-774-1444 ext. 2110